Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
(no relocation offered for this position)
FlightAware is seeking a reliable and talented Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will support the accounting team with various tasks, including reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. Ultimately, you will help our accounting team run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Perform month-end close activities
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and provide explanations of any unusual balances
- Ensure that revenue and expenses are recorded in the correct period and properly accrued
- Responsible for preparing all bank reconciliations for all related entities
- Daily entry and reconciliation of banking activity into accounting software
- Process billing adjustments and refunds
- Assist with preparation of semi-monthly payroll for all entities
- Manage Corporate credit card transactions
- Assist with external audit requests
- Provide various tax schedules to 3rd party Tax Accountants
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
- Support and act as backup to the Controller and Staff Accountant
- Assist with special projects, critical assignments and reports as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated ability on the application of US GAAP, required
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with Sage Intacct Accounting software or similar is a plus
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality rules for the handling of sensitive financial information
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
- Private pilot flying reimbursements
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Senior Accountant - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.