Manager - Web Product Sales
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
As a part of the digital aviation sales team, you will lead a team of 3 to 4 sales people that will be responsible for selling and delivering FlightAware's web-based tools to all facets of the aviation industry. You will report to the Vice President of Sales.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attract, hire, train, develop, motivate and manage members of a first-class sales organization
- Create and execute sales strategies and sales budgets for each web-based product line in collaboration with CEO, VP of Sales, and Director of Marketing
- Ensure achievement of sales objectives
- In collaboration with the VP of Sales, evaluate the effectiveness of the sales organization and implement changes
- Represent, demonstrate, and sell FlightAware's commercial services to the aviation industry throughout the United States
- Lead the entire sales cycle with aviation businesses (airlines, private aviation, and supporting third parties) from developing your own opportunities through prospecting, networking, and cold calling to supporting existing clients
The right candidate will have the following traits and skills:
- At least 5 years in a position of leadership overseeing a team and being accountable for the team's results
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence, present and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to demonstrate superb sales leadership skills
- A track record of being able to develop and execute sales strategies; track record of growing sales
- Extensive relationships in the aviation community (especially business aviation)
- Comfortable with technical sales
- Ability to build and maintain strong and qualified sales pipeline
- Fearless in making outbound sales and business relationship inquiries
- Worked successfully in an entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter.
- Clearly articulate, orally and in writing, business solutions for new and existing accounts
- Strong business acumen with technical literacy; MBA a plus
- Strong organizational skills with proven time-management; ability to get things done
- Pilot certificate (even student) a plus
- Able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international; must have a valid current passport
- Americas and Europe (subject to change)
Potential to move into a broader sales management or product manager position in the future.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
- Private pilot flying reimbursement
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Manager - Web Product Sales - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.